Home Foreign US Pauses Military Action on Iran Following Gulf Mediation

US Pauses Military Action on Iran Following Gulf Mediation

4
0
Iran

The United States has suspended a planned military strike on Iran after Gulf leaders urged restraint and said negotiations were under way for a possible deal.

On Monday, Trump said in a Truth Social post that his campaign was “to be continued,” while also suggesting that military action could resume if diplomacy failed. He said the U.S. still wanted a deal, but that force remained an option.

According to Trump, he had planned the attacks for Tuesday, but Gulf leaders asked him to hold off. Adding that serious negotiations were underway and said they believed, as “great leaders and allies,” that the talks would produce a deal acceptable to the United States, the Middle East, and beyond.

He also said that Iran would not have nuclear weapons as part of the agreement.

However, Iran has continuously rejected aspirations to develop nuclear weapons, but it has also claimed that US demands violates Iranian rights and are only political pretexts.

Since Trump declared the ceasefire on April 7, Washington and Tehran have continued talks. Reuters also reported that Pakistan has helped push the negotiations forward behind the scenes, even though Gulf powers interested in the conflict have also played a quiet role.

Meanwhile, reports have recently claimed that Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates carried out several covert strikes against Iran in retaliation for earlier attacks during the wider Middle East conflict.

However, both Abu Dhabi and Riyadh had previously distanced themselves from direct involvement in the war before these allegations surfaced.

BACKSTORY…

Amid ongoing Middle East crisis, United States president, Donald Trump has issued a firm warning to Iran to quickly agree to a peace deal with the US or face devastation.

Trump said on his Truth Social platform on Sunday that “the clock is ticking” for Iran to reach a peace deal, as Washington works to break the deadlock over ending the war.

Join Our Social Media Channels:

WhatsApp: NaijaEyes

Facebook: NaijaEyes

Twitter: NaijaEyes

Instagram: NaijaEyes

TikTok: NaijaEyes

READ THE LATEST FOREIGN NEWS

 

Previous articleKwankwaso Eyes NDC VP Position, Says It Could Open Door for Kano President
Next articlePeter Obi Emerges NDC Flagbearer Hopeful for 2027 Race
Favour Jeremiah
Favour Jeremiah is a seasoned writer and media professional with over six years of experience across digital media and broadcasting. Favour’s career is rooted in traditional journalism, having served as a prominent voice for 2 Radio stations. She combines this investigative rigor with a "humanised" and engaging writing style to break down complex social issues into timely, relatable and relevant insights.With a track record of producing SEO-optimized content that reaches thousands of readers, Favour consistently focuses on delivering value-driven narratives that reflect the real-world challenges and interests of the public.