Home Politics DSS Issues Fresh 3-Count Charge Against Nasir El-Rufai Over Alleged Interception of...

DSS Issues Fresh 3-Count Charge Against Nasir El-Rufai Over Alleged Interception of Ribadu’s Phone Conversation

11
0
Nasir El-rufai
The Department of State Service(DSS) has filed a three-count charge against former governor of Kaduna State Nasir El-Rufai over the alleged interception of communications belonging to Nigeria’s National Security Adviser (NSA), Nuhu Ribadu.

In an interview last week, El-Rufai stated that he and other unidentified people had listened in on talks from Ribadu’s phone after it had been tapped by someone else. He maintained that illegal spying was common, even though he acknowledged that such interception is technically prohibited.

Join our WhatsApp community

However, Nasir El-Rufai was charged by the Federal Government before the Federal High Court in Abuja through the Department of State Services (DSS).

DSS

Nasir El-Rufai acknowledged that he and his associates allegedly intercepted the NSA’s phone conversations, the government said in the charge sheet that our was able to receive on Monday.

The charge filed at the Federal High Court of Nigeria, Abuja Judicial Division, lists the Federal Republic of Nigeria as the complainant and Mallam Nasir El-Rufai as the defendant.

See the charge below:

CHARGE
COUNT ONE

That you, Mallam Nasir El Rufai, adult, male, on 13th February, 2026, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV Station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, within the jurisdiction of this court, did admit during the interview that you and your cohorts unlawfully intercepted the Phone Communications of the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu and thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 12 (1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc) Amendment Act, 2024.

Read Also: Tear gas fired as El-Rufai supporters, protesters clash at EFCC Headquarters

El-Rufai
Nasir El-Rufai

COUNT TWO

That you, Mallam Nasir El Rufai, adult, male, on 13th February, 2026, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV Station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, within the jurisdiction of this court, did state during the interview that you know and relate with certain individual, who unlawfully intercepted the Phone Communications of the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, without reporting the said individual to relevant Security agencies and thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 27 (b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc) Amendment Act, 2024.

Join our WhatsApp community
Tinubu
NSA Nuhu Ribadu

COUNT THREE

That you, Mallam Nasir El Rufai, adult, male, and other still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, within the jurisdiction of this court, with others still at large did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety, national security and instilling reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting the Phone Communications of the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, to which you admitted during an interview on 13th February, 2026, on Arise TV Station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja and thereby committed an offence contrary to and pun.

Join Our Social Media Channels:

WhatsApp: NaijaEyes

Facebook: NaijaEyes

Twitter: NaijaEyes

Instagram: NaijaEyes

TikTok: NaijaEyes

READ THE LATEST POLITICS NEWS