Senator Ibrahim Mohammed Bomai, representing Yobe South, has officially withdrawn from the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship race.
In a statement issued on Sunday, the lawmaker said his decision followed wide consultations with stakeholders, political leaders, supporters, and citizens across the state.
Bomai explained that his withdrawal was not driven by fear, weakness, or lack of capacity, but by what he described as maturity, patriotism, and a commitment to unity and progress.
Bomai acknowledged that he faced significant pressure from various quarters to remain in the race but said he chose to prioritise unity over personal ambition.

He recalled his earlier acceptance of the call to contest the Yobe South senatorial seat for a third term, stressing that his return to the senatorial race should not be seen as a setback.
According to Bomai, it represents another opportunity to serve his people, defend their interests, attract development, empower youths and women, and ensure stronger representation at the national level.
The senator also appreciated his supporters for their loyalty, sacrifices, and encouragement during his governorship aspiration, urging them to remain united and focused on their shared goals.
Bomai cautioned that politics should not create divisions that cannot be repaired, noting that elections are temporary while the welfare of the people remains paramount.
Bomai was previously part of a group of six aspirants who rejected the endorsement of Baba Malam Wali as APC governorship candidate and called for direct primaries.
Following recent developments, the number of aspirants in the group has now reduced to three, after several withdrawals from the race.
The remaining APC governorship aspirants insisting on a fair and transparent primary election are Barrister Kashim Musa Tumsah, Hon. Bashir Machina, and Mustapha Maihajja.

Join Our Social Media Channels:
WhatsApp: NaijaEyes
Facebook: NaijaEyes
Twitter: NaijaEyes
Instagram: NaijaEyes
TikTok: NaijaEyes



