Apostle Kassy Chukwu, Senior Special Assistant on Digital Media to Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholo, has declared that musician Davido will not perform in the state throughout the governor’s tenure, amidst the ongoing feud between the artist and the governor.
Chukwu made the statement in a video published on YouTube on Thursday by Peniel TV International Benin City, Nigeria.
The aide’s comments followed Davido’s refusal to apologize for remarks directed at Okpebholo, which stemmed from the governor’s criticism of Davido’s uncle, Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke, during the lead-up to the August 15 election.
In response, Chukwu said Davido had been banned from performing in Edo State for the remainder of Okpebholo’s administration.
“You have been banned from coming to Edo State to perform. We don’t want to see you in Edo again,” he said.
He declared that Davido would not enter the state throughout the administration’s tenure and accused the musician of making derogatory remarks about the governor and his family.
Chukwu also claimed that several Edo youths were angry over Davido’s comments and warned that the musician would face hostility if he returned to the state, particularly at the airport.
The aide also challenged Davido’s earlier social media post about Okpebholo’s academic record, warned the singer against making similar posts, and described the document as allegedly falsified.
Watch the video here
Backstory…
The development coincides with Davido and Okpebholo’s public dispute, which started during the Osun governorship campaign.
In response to Okpebholo’s public criticism regarding Adeleke’s conduct and signature dancing, Davido posted a document purporting to show Okpebholo’s West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WAEC) results.
The singer subsequently refused to apologize, maintaining that he had simply publicized the academic records of a political figure who had come to Osun State to campaign against his uncle.
Furthermore, the musician challenged Okpebholo’s political standing and criticized his decision to leave Edo State to participate in the Osun election campaign.
Meanwhile, the Edo State governor’s aide’s warning comes barely twenty four hours after the Osun State Police Command confirmed that the attack on Governor Ademola Adeleke’s convoy in Osogbo was targeted at Davido.
Read Also; Davido Targeted in Osun Shooting, Police Confirm One Dead



